Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Podcasting: Creating a New Project Cello

Creating a Podcast 

The incredible tools that we have at our fingertips today allows us to create studio quality things at home. (Provided we have most of the right equipment.) One of those tools is the access companies like Spotify give us. One of Spotify's offshoots is its Podcasting Platform. There you are free to create and upload as much content as you wish. 

This platform's name is "Anchor.fm" by Spotify.

My own ambition, since I first found out what a podcast was, was to create my own. Now, I can happily say that I have done just that. You can listen to this podcast directly at Anchor.fm or at Spotify, where it is automatically uploaded to once you have done the initial uploading to Anchor. 

My own podcast is called Forgotten Cello Music. I'll write more about this what is behind this title in another post. Suffice it to say, the podcast is entirely about music for the Cello that has largely been forgotten or at least neglected.

Some Cellist/Composers who I have researched and played as a result and are featured in my 36 podcast episodes:

  1. Georg Goltermann
  2. Julius Klengel
  3. Oscar Brückner
  4. Joseph Hollman
  5. August Nölck
  6. Bernhard Romberg
  7. G. Gabrielli
  8. Giacobbe Cervetto
and there are many many more. 

Each episode has background music throughout. Sometimes it features entire movements or pieces and other times only excerpts from compositions of composers talked about on the podcast episode.

It is a dream of my come to reality. The enjoyment level is at a high. However, there are still relatively few people who listen and engage. The next part of my dream is to get thousands of listeners and likes, comments, engagement of some kind from at least a small percentage (1-2% I think would be great). 


If you are looking for some professionally printed music, rather than copied sheets (all of the music I play and record is in the public domain) go to Sheet Music Plus. They provide a warehouse of  1 million pieces of music to search through. Use the link below to get started.

https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/search?Ntt=georg+goltermann"?aff_id=721495"
      


No comments: