Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Kinmen:A free trip

Tomorrow morning I leave for Kinmen, which is a small island just off the coast of China. It is, in fact, part of Taiwan, it just happens to be closer to China than to Taiwan/Taipei. It will take about an hour to fly there from Songshan Airport in Taipei. Looking forward to my first trip to any of Taiwan's outlying islands. It will also be my first time shooting a commercial. I get to be one of four westerner's playing in a string quartet for some beverage company based in Kinmen. Hopefully I can get a few shots during the filming process. There is supposed to a famous Taiwanese singer there while we play behind her on some raft. When I get back on Thursday I will upload some highlights from the trip.

Grotto Playing
That was possibly the coolest thing I have ever done, at least on a professional basis. The trip was paid and they took care of me like I was a star, and I go to play in a cave. How awesome is that?!

Kinmen 101- a play on Taipei 101 :)

Looking the Performance Part for the Shoot.

The Entry Way to the Cave

Grotto. What a Great Idea.


No comments: