Friday, November 11, 2011

After the Dowogiac Gig

Just finished the Dowogiac concert at the Southwest Michigan College. It was the Fall Choral concert with David Carew conducting. It all went well and smooth. The people were appreciative as well as the choir, who did a very nice job singing. Funny thing, on the way out a man turned to me (I was carrying my cello, in it's case) and asked, "Are you the cello player?"
"Yes, I am," I answered. Chuckles ensued.
"That was wonderful. I love the cello. I could listen to you for a hundred years!" he said as we walked out to the parking lot.
He paused slightly and added, "A hundred years is a long time."

I love those little quips that people make up as they see performers leaving the concert. It makes the performances all worth while. Or, more connected to reality. It helps me realize that real people were listening and enjoying the music.


No comments: